A feature film musical with an important message
BULLY is a new dramatic musical about Sam Bradley, a young man who commits suicide after being bullied in school. The story follows Sam in the days leading up to his death and the lives of those around him following his suicide. The film asks important questions about bullying and suicide among American youth.
At least 1 of every 4 students are bullied in schools. About 2 million US adolescents attempt suicide annually and suicide is the third leading cause of death in youth ages 10-24. BULLY uses the arts to bring these important issues to light and to help start a national conversation.
Donate By Credit or Debit Card
Want to Donate By Check?
- Please make your check payable to “Thunderclap Productions” and write “Donation for BULLY” in the memo line.
- Send your check to: Thunderclap Productions, 5248 Arboles Drive, Houston, TX 77035.
- Please be sure to include an email and/or mailing address, so that we can send you a letter for your taxes.
- All donations of $25 or more receive a thank you in the credits.
- Donate $50 or more to receive a copy of the CD
- Donate $75 or more to receive a copy of the CD and DVD
- Donate $100 or more to receive a signed DVD
- Donate $150 or more to receive a signed copy of the screenplay
- Donate $250 or more to receive a CD, DVD, and a signed copy of the screenplay
- Donate $500 or more to receive featured acknowledgements, a limited edition movie poster, and signed copies of the screenplay, DVD, and CD
- Donate $1,000 or more to be credited in the OPENING credits of the film and receive a signed, limited edition poster by the composer/writer and featured members of the cast, along with signed copies of the screenplay, DVD, and soundtrack CD.
What Your Donations Fund
- A $50 donation pays for one of the singers in Vox to record the ensemble or for one of the actors in a bit part
- A donation of $150-300 pays for one of our actors in a main role
- A donation of $300 pays for studio costs for our recording session with Vox
- A donation of $600 pays for our DP and gaffer for one day
- A donation of $800 pays for the entire choir
- A donation of $1,000 pays for about one complete day of filming
Because this film is of a musical, the costs are significantly higher. However, we have put together an incredible team that is dedicated to this project and is helping us to keep costs as low as possible.
Our budget for this film is $31,000, which we are working to raise in grants and individual donations. Here is a breakdown of these expenses:
Other Ways You Can Help
If you’re not in a position to donate, you can still help out!
- The best way to help is to share this campaign with your friends and family and on social media.
- Help us reach out to organizations and individuals that might want to partner with us or donate to the film.
- Help us pin down locations where we can film. We can use help finding locations in schools, offices, and people’s homes.
- Help get the word out to people you know in the press.
- Start your regular online shopping at goodshop.com and choose Thunderclap Productions as your charity. A portion of your purchases will be donated to Thunderclap. We are also a listed Amazon Smile charity.
- Composer-lyricist and screenwriter Aaron Alon is an award-winning, widely-performed composer and writer.
- Thunderclap Productions is a 501(c)3 nonprofit specializing in producing new and lesser known works.
- Vox: the Rob Seible Singers has partnered with us on this film to sing and record the ensemble numbers in the show.
- Visit this page to learn more about our incredible cast and crew.